The policy explains how SP Energy Networks uses your personal data when you sign up to and participate in the online community.
SP Energy Networks has commissioned Explain Market Research (an independent market research agency) to build and manage this Community on their behalf.
If you register and create an account, we require some basic information at the time of account creation. You will create your own username and password, and we will ask you for a valid email address. We need this information to create your account, and to be able to identify you on the Community. We will also ask for further profiling information such as the region you live in and how you found out about the community. The collection of such data is used for research purposes and to simply inform SP Energy Networks about the demographics of their members.
Only your username and self-selected photo will be shared with other users; we recommend that you choose a username which is not linked to your own name, and that you do not include any personal information in your postings. We will use your email address to communicate with you, in terms of updating you when there is new content on the Community, with opportunities to take part in market research or other topics related to the Community.
In running and maintaining this Community we may collect and process the following data which is collected by Explain Market Research and shared with SP Energy Networks:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data
- Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you complete your user profile or participate in community content.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
Use of your information
Data can be viewed by authorised persons within Explain Market Research and SP Energy Networks to:
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- Gather feedback to improve our services
- Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- Send email alerts to users who request them
Information within your user profile may be shared with SP Energy Networks as required for market research purposes. Information that can be passed back to SP Energy Networks is inclusive of all data collected.
Where your data is stored
Personal data provided by you on sign up will be stored electronically in secure servers within the UK. Your data is stored on Explain's Microsoft SharePoint servers.
The company Explain use to develop and host our community platform is bound by a contract that ensures your data is managed in accordance with UK Data Protection laws and that it acts only on Explain Market Research instructions and implements all technical measures necessary on an ongoing basis to keep your personal data secure.
If you have any queries or complaints about the way your data is handled please contact Explain using the details below. You can also request a copy of the data held on you using these details.
Data Protection Lead
Explain Market Research Ltd
Newcastle upon Tyne
Telephone: 0191 261 5261
Gellir hyd i wybodaeth am Bolisi Preifatrwydd Data SP Energy Networks trwy ddefnyddio'r ddolen ganlynol https://www.spenergynetworks.co.uk/pages/privacy.aspx